On Saturday Miller officially turned 3. Although I knew it was coming, it was still a little hard to believe. It seems like he was born so recently, but then I think about it and realize that in fact time does fly and he is actually 3 years old.
He had pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles for breakfast. Allen is the best pancake maker!
He opened his presents!
Jackson helped Miller open his present from him.
Because Jackson knows his brother really well, he got Miller a bag of Cheetos for his birthday. It may have been Miller’s favorite gift!
A Playmobil Boat…
that can go in the pool.
After the pool, he wanted to go to “the pizza place”, so we went and got some really good pizza.
Then home for some cake!
He had to lick the frosting off the candles…
Then he wanted us to sing to him again, so we did!
Then he had to lick the frosting off the candles, again!
Allen says “Denial is not just a river in Egypt!” Just because I bought a #2 candle to go on top of his cake. The when I realized that I should have bought a #3 and went to go get single birthday candles from upstairs, I only brought down 2 candles. Yes, he is three, but it might take my mind a while to get there.
Now I have to tell you what this guy is up to as he turns three years old.
- He can Swim! This was a big deal because he’s been able to swim for a while, but he wouldn’t do it. He’s realized he can and he IS! Also gives me more peace of mind since we live on a canal.
- He loves playing with cars, but is crazy about Monster Trucks, especially Grave Digger.
- Miller is still incredibly strong and tough as nails.
- He is fiercely protective of his brother.
- When he wants to be, he is a total rhinoceros. If he gets peeved about something he will put his head down and charge you. Better watch out too because he will knock you down if he can.
- He still occasionally bites. I know!
- When he plays with his cars or toys he makes them talk in a really high voice and has them all ask each other if they want to go to Chic-Fil-A. If you have seen him recently, you know he is serious about Chic-Fil-A. There is no Chic-Fil-A in the Bahamas!
- He stopped drinking milk in July. He now says it is nasty.
- He also stopped taking naps in July. Miller has so much energy that even now he needs about an hour and a half less sleep than Jackson does.
- Miller knows all of his letters and never forgets anything. Unless you want him to remember something. Oh, but he still doesn’t know his colors. Might have to get that checked out.
- He’s still not pooping in the potty. He HAS to be potty trained for school in 2 weeks. He’s totally messing with me, because he goes and hides when he needs to go.
- Speaking of school, Miller is starting half days this year. I’m a
bitlot sad, but I know it is what’s best for him.
- Miller has an awesome raspy voice and still has the most engaging smile and personality. Everyone loves him.
- It doesn’t hurt that he a lady charmer, too! When he sees ladies he always greets them with a “Hello ladies.” or “Goodbye ladies”.
So in rereading this it looks like I have an energetic, stubborn, tough kid who sometimes still bites, but is cute and smart as a whip. Sounds like there are many more fun years to come!!