Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Done and Done

I have so much to catch up on!  First of all we had nearly 200 boxes come with our shipment.  I knew we were over packing, but really!  When we found out we were moving here we were given the advice to buy all our paper goods and toiletries for a couple of years.  Think about that for a minute.  We have so much stuff.  It is a touch overwhelming, but I also know that it will be so worth it in the long run.

Oh did I mention I don't have any linen closets or bathroom closets.  Gulp!

While our house is very nice and we were so eager to get our things delivered, we weren't quite prepared for where we were going to put all that TP and soap.  It took a while, but finally all the boxes are gone. Done!

We sorta skipped Thanksgiving altogether.  We weren't sure what we were going to do in general.  We know the boys don't eat the whole turkey dinner thing, so we ended up having some nice steaks on Friday night.

My sister Michele showed up on Friday to surprise me.  It was so nice to have her here and get to hang out with her for the weekend.  We went to a beach on Friday afternoon for some walking and decided to go to go for a real beach day on Saturday.  We had been wanting to try a beach here called Jaws Beach that is a little remote.  It looked really nice.

About 15 minutes into our beach day Jackson, who was running, cut his foot on a hidden piece of sharp glass.  When I say cut I mean he had a 4ish inch gash that was pretty deep and shaped like a J.  Shiver!

It was so fortunate that Michele was with us so she could apply pressure as I drove really fast back across the island.  Allen was working the phone getting directions on where to go and who to see.  See we hadn't gotten around to getting a doctor yet, and it was Saturday.  We made a stop at a walk in clinic and they sent us on to the ER.

Jackson was so brave.  He only cried when they gave him the shot to numb his foot. 2 hours and six stitches later we were discharged.  Considering we are basically in a third world country it wasn't that bad.  That being said, I'd like to avoid going back there again!

You know I would have taken pictures, like I did last time he was sent to the ER, but my camera battery died earlier that day.

Since we had to lay low for the rest of the weekend, Jackson said he wanted to put up our tree.  One tiny problem was that there were still a lot of little things that needed to be done before we could put up the tree.  We managed to get a TON done before lunch, so we were able to decorate the tree in the afternoon.

We bought an artificial tree before we left, and we couldn't be more pleased.  No fighting with the stand or the lights or the water.  I miss the smell, and the traditions that go along with buying a tree, but I'm guessing we won't be going back to the real trees anytime soon.  At least not as long as we are here and they are $100 and up!  That's what they make Yankee Candles for.  Got that sucker put up and decorated in record time.  DONE!!

It is quite odd to be in shorts everyday and come in and turn on the tree lights and garland, but if you turn the AC down still feels weird!

I know my friends and family in colder climates are hating on me a little bit for living in the Bahamas, but I promise my life is just like it used to be, but with shorts and better views.

Since no one likes a blog post without pictures, let me see what I can drag up.

I'd like to 1)Stop him from growing up so fast, and
2) Buy that color lipstick.  Aren't they perfect?  His lips that is!


  1. In a lot of US hospital emergency departments, your time in the waiting room would be maybe half through at 2 hours!
    My that boy is growing. He was crawling and had head fuzz the last time I saw him in person. Just a few days.... :)

  2. You are going to have so many adventure stories by the time all is said or done!


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.